Throat Infection Symptoms – do you have a throat infection?
Throat infection symptoms are different and can vary from person to person depending on the cause of the sore throat. Generally they may include the following :
- A Painful throat specifically when swallowing – the most common of all the throat infection symptoms
- A scratchy, dry throat
- Difficulty in speaking / Loss of voice
- Sore and swollen lymph nodes in the neck (glands)
- Redness at the back of the mouth and inflamed tonsils
- Bad Breath
- Pus on the surface of the tonsils or pockets of pus at the back of the throat
- Hoarse Voice
- Loss of appetite and even abnormal taste
- A red rash on the palate of the mouth
- Difficulty in swallowing, talking or breathing – consult a doctor in this instance urgently!
- A scarlet fever like rash
Additionally you may also be experiencing the following symptoms :
- A cough
- High fever
- Chills and shivers
- A blocked, runny nose
- A headache
- Muscle aches
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- An earache
It is important to know when to consult a doctor if you are having throat infection symptoms. If you experience a stiff neck, rash, difficulty in breathing, swallowing or find that you are drooling then please consult your doctor urgently.
Would you like to find out how to treat your throat infection symptoms? If so why not check out our sore throat treatments page for some great ideas. Or perhaps would you like to investigate some sore throat causes – you can view our sore throat causes page here.
How long will throat infection symptoms last?
Throat infection symptoms usually clear up within 3-4 days – check out our sore throat treatments page if you would like to ease your symptoms. While you are unwell try not to spread the infection to other people by staying off work or keeping your child off school until you or your child feel better. Always use tissues when coughing or sneezing and dispose of them afterwards. Also wash your hands often, especially before preparing food and after coughing or sneezing.
Tonsil Stones may be another one of those annoying throat infection symptoms. If you have tonsil stones then you know how horrid it is to live with horrible bad breath and having to spit out tonsil stones. But it is important to know that you are not alone and there is actually a very quick and easy permanent cure for them. Check out the tonsil stones remedy page for more information!